Your Guide to
the Best Staycation Deals
A staycation is a vacation at home or near your house. The word “staycation” is a neologism and comes from the combination of “stay” and “vacation”. Staycation has become popular during this time since many people cannot travel far from home due to the COVID restrictions. Staycations at home are not very common, since most of the activities you can do at home can be done during your free time after work. Instead, staycations in places near home are very interesting, because they offer you similar experiences than a vacation, without traveling far.
Staycations become popular periodically when there are events that reduce the possibility of traveling. Staycations became popular during the last economic crisis and they are becoming popular now with the COVID-crisis.
StaycationDeals.co is your digital advisor to not miss amazing deals for staycations. StaycationDeals offers a simple list of the best staycation deals available in your city or within a small driving distance. The list of deals is updated regularly to provide you the most updated information. To be sure to not miss a new deal, sign up for our newsletter!
When we travel, we often visit destinations far from home. The Coronavirus has forced all of us to stay closer to our place. Therefore, it’s the perfect moment to discover places nearby.
Relax in a Spa
The most common kind of staycation can be done in a nice hotel with a Spa. Relax from your daily activities and enjoy a full serviced hotel. Very often, hotels offer discounted packages which include accommodation and spa treatments, which are the best.
There are always some outdoor activities that can be done near your home. Maybe you leave near a national park where you can hike, a river where you can raft or a desert to try sandboarding. There are also chilled outdoor activities that can be enjoyed during a staycation, such as making a barbeque or playing soccer with your kid.
Sleeping in special places
Glamping is becoming popular. You may find unique and beautiful locations where to spend a night that offer you a fantastic experience. Treehouses, surf vans, teepees, yurts, caves are becoming very popular. Theme parks offer special deals with accommodation as well.
Even if a staycation is not a proper holiday like we are used to, it has a lot of benefits.
- Staycations are less complex than a trip and usually are shorter. Therefore, you will not be stressed by organizing multiple parts of the trip or packing suitcases for your entire family for several days.
- Staycations can be used to relax and relieve the stress of a busy time at work.
- A Staycation promotes local businesses. Now, there are no international tourists supporting hospitality and tourist businesses and therefore, it’s essential to contribute to your region.
- Staycations allow you to carry out activities and sports that you never do because of a busy schedule during the year.
- Staycations are good to rediscover the beauty of your region or city, which we often forget during our daily and weekly routines.
- A staycation allows you to enjoy the present moment and share lovely experiences with your partner.
- Last but not least, avoiding trips far from home, you will reduce your carbon footprint and help the planet.
Many hotels and accommodations around the world are adapting their services to offer this new way of traveling. In particular, StaycationDeals.co work for you to discover the best deals for your staycation holidays. StaycationDeals is a simple tool updated regularly which helps you find the best staycation deals near your city. You will find a list of deals and tips about places near your city.
Currently, StaycationDeals is active in three cities: Sydney, Dubai, and San Francisco. More cities will be added in the near future. Do not hesitate to message us to request a city that is missing.